CSUS Theses | Theses/Dissertations at Other Schools | Guides for Writing Theses | University Guidelines
HOW TO FIND THESES AT CSU, STANISLAUS
HOW TO FIND THESES/DISSERTATIONS AT OTHER COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES
Return to Table of Contents
GUIDES FOR WRITING THESES/DISSERTATIONS
These are publications which provide helpful tips, ideas, and suggestions. Both print and electronic sources given in each category.
Completing Dissertations in the Behavioral Sciences and Education. 1985. LB 2369 .L65 1985.
Completing Your Doctoral Dissertation or Master's Thesis in Two Semesters or Less. 1991. LB 2369 .O33 1991.
- Developing and Writing Your Thesis, Dissertation, or Project. 1998. LB 2369 .W286 1998.
- Written by William G. Webster, a retired member of the School of Education, who taught research methods in education for many years. He is sharing his wisdom in a "book of sound advice about conceptualizing, organization, developing and finalizing your terminal graduate research." His companion book is 21 Models for Developing and Writing Theses, Dissertations and Projects.
- Dissertation Handbook. 2nd ed. 1993. LB 2369 .N5 1993.
- Dissertations and Theses from Start to Finish: Psychology and Related Fields. BF 76.5 .C645 1993.
Getting What You Came For: The Smart Student's Guide to Earning a Master's or a PhD. LB 2371.4 .P48 1997.
Graduate Research Guidebook. 3rd ed. 1994. LB 2369 .B24 1994.
Guide to the Successful Thesis and Dissertation: A Handbook for Students and Faculty. 1998. LB 2369 .M377 1998.
How to Design, Analyze, and Write Doctoral or Masters Research. 1988. Reserve LB 2369 .B24 1988.
How to Organize Your Thesis (John W. Chinneck, Carleton University)
How to Write a Thesis: A Guide to the Research Paper. 1994. Reserve LB 2369 .T36 1994.
Negotiating Graduate School: A Guide for Graduate Students. LB 2371 .R67 1995.
Secrets for a Successful Dissertation. 1998. LB 2369 .F547 1998.
- Note the appendices which contain action words and action verbs. These can be very useful in providing variety for your writing style.
- Successful Dissertations and Theses. 1992. LB 2369 .M32 1992.
Surviving Your Dissertation: A Comprehensive Guide to Content and Process. 1992. LB 2369 .R83 1992.
Theses and Dissertations: A Guide to Writing in the Social and Physical Sciences. 1997. LB 2369 .T44 1997.
21 Models for Developing and Writing Theses, Dissertations and Projects. 1998. LB 2369 .W385 1998.
- Another book by William G. Webster for those doing graduate research. "A book of practical approaches, ideas, and solutions for conceptualizing, organizing, developing and finalizing your graduate research requirements."
Writing and Defending a Thesis or Dissertation in Psychology and Education. 1980. BF 76.5 .M36.
Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day. 1998. LB 2369 .B57 1998.
- "A guide to starting, revising, and finishing your doctoral thesis."
Return to Table of Contents